Dancers are required to wear appropriate shoes, socks & attire during class:
- New dancers may wear jazz shoes or ballet slippers for the first 4-6 weeks. When ready, beginners should order ghillies (soft shoes) – ask your teacher for more information.
- Appropriate dance shoes must be worn at all times. Trainees may be worn for warm-ups.
- Excess jewellry should be removed prior to class. Stud earrings are okay; dangling necklaces, earrings or bracelets are not.
Before, During and After Class:
- Dancers should arrive on time prepared to dance – late arrivals disrupt class time for all the dancers.
- Dancers should bring water ONLY to class. No food allowed.
- mobile phones must remain away for the duration of the class.
- Parents, grandparents or babysitters are not permitted inside the studio during class.
- Dancers should be picked up promptly after class – please call to alert us if you will be late. FD Academy cannot assume responsibility for dancers before or after their assigned class time.
- Parents may ask questions after class, but please note that time is limited due to other bookings at the venues we use. Questions asked through email or text will be answered promptly – if you need to speak in person or on the phone an appropriate time can be arranged.
- Any acts of gross misconduct, bullying, theft or harassment will not be tolerated. Dancers and families should refrain from inappropriate or negative behaviour in person or via social media.
- Consistent attendance is the key to success. Regular attendance not only improves dancing ability and teaches responsibility, but it is key when performing in group dances as others are depending on the dancers in their group.
- Dances may not represent FD Academy by performing or competing in any feis, Irish dance competition or event without advance consent of Faye Downey.
- Private lessons are offered by request, dependent on available venue hire availability. Email Faye for more information. Dancers may only access private lessons should they be regularly attending weekly classes, not as a replacement.